Actiontec GT701 - Firmware Cache Fix
If your modem is an Actiontec GT701, and you are unable to browse to secure websites (sites that start with https://, for example MSN, Hotmail, Yahoo, online banking sites and the like with a login prompt), please follow these instructions.
- Download this file: GT701 Firmware Cache Fix.
- Log on to your Actiontec modem, and make a note of your settings, you will need your username, password, static IP if applicable, and wireless ESSID, WEP or WPA key, and any custom configuration settings you may have added yourself. CAUTION: THE FIRMWARE FIX WILL ERASE ALL YOUR SETTINGS! For instructions on how to log into your modem, please visit the main DSL menu.
- Open the file you just downloaded, and follow the installation instructions.
- Perform a factory reset of the modem (instructions can be found here).
- Reconfigure your modem (instructions here).